RN to BSN Bachelor of Science Degree
This program is offered at the following campuses*:
- Miami Lakes Area – Branch Campus of West Palm Beach-Main Campus
* This program can also now be completed online through the West Palm Beach Main Campus or the Miami Lakes Area Branch Campus.
Graduates of the BSN program will be prepared to provide compassionate, patient-centered, culturally competent nursing care to individuals, families, groups, communities, and populations in a variety of settings, using evidence-based knowledge and skills related to wellness, health promotion, illness, disease management, and end-of-life care to improve healthcare outcomes. They will practice in partnership with patients as members and leaders of interprofessional healthcare teams, utilizing the most current healthcare technologies.
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing program will enable students to provide evidence-based collaborative care to patients in a variety of settings. The Programmatic Student Learning Outcomes are a culmination of measurable competencies, consistent with the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (2008) Essentials of Baccalaureate Education for Professional Nursing Practice (2008), which enables graduates to practice within a complex healthcare system.
The Programmatic Student Learning Outcomes are:
- CARE COORDINATION: Utilizes effective leadership, communication and collaboration for shared decision making with the patient and multidisciplinary healthcare providers in the deliberate organization, design and management of safe, high quality and high value care for culturally and spiritually diverse patients across the continuum of healthcare environments.
- RESEARCH AND TRANSLATION Engages in scientific inquiry with a spirit of creativity, utilizes evidence-based nursing knowledge, and translates data and information into nursing practice to address common clinical scenarios.
- INFORMATION MANAGEMENT: Utilizes patient care technology and information systems to communicate, collaborate and support clinical decision-making in the delivery of quality patient care in a variety of healthcare settings.
- ADVOCACY AND POLICY Integrates professional nursing values, ethical, legal, and theoretical practice frameworks fundamental to the discipline of nursing to influence health promotion, disease prevention, healthcare policy, and regulation across the lifespan and practice environments.